January 18, 2018
January 16, 2018
December 4, 2017
December 1, 2017
- Vancouver Courier – 2018 Courage To Come Back Nominations Now Open!
November 1, 2017
- Revealing the new logo for the 20th annual Courage To Come Back Awards set to take place on May 10th, 2018 at the Vancouver Convention Centre
May 29, 2017
- Vancouver Courier – Profile on Courage To Come Back Chair, Lorne Segal
May 25, 2017 – New total is $1.63 million raised! Thank you!
May 23, 2017
May 17, 2017 – Record-breaking $1.57 million raised for Coast Mental Health!
May 4, 2017 – Announcing 2017 Recipient for Social Adversity: Esther Matsubuchi!
April 27, 2017 – Announcing 2017 Recipient for Addiction: Deborah Carter!
April 20, 2017 – Announcing 2017 Recipient for Medical: Stephen Scott!
April 13, 2017 – Announcing 2017 Recipient for Youth: Richard Quan!
April 5, 2017 – Announcing 2017 Recipient for Mental Health: Rachel Fehr!
March 30, 2017 – Announcing 2017 Recipient for Physical Rehabilitation: John Westhaver!
February 1, 2017 – Thank you to our media partners for sharing information about nominations! Here are just a few samples (in no particular order):
- Vancouver Courier
- Coast Reporter
- New Westminster Record
- Burnaby Now
- Miss 604
- Daily Hive
- Delta Optimist
January 11, 2017 – Nominations are open! Check out Global BC’s latest ad for the 19th annual Courage To Come Back Awards presented by Silver Wheaton here
November 23, 2016 – Coast Mental Health would like to welcome Silver Wheaton Corp. as the presenting sponsor for the 2017-2019 Courage To Come Back Awards. Through this partnership, we hope to raise more awareness and funds to support Coast Mental Health’s mission of helping people recover from mental illness. We thank Silver Wheaton for sharing in our vision of an community that embraces and honours people with mental illness.
May 8, 2016 – Courage To Come Back Awards Gala Dinner Results
Courage To Come Back
These considerations apply to all 5 Courage To Come Back Award categories:
- The nature of the misfortune and the impact on the nominee’s life
- The degree of difficulty to overcome obstacles
- The level of determination and perseverance
- Ability to reach goals in spite of setbacks/obstacles
- Contribution to the community/society
- Inspirational value, positive impact on others